Instalec
Call: 01582 402455

St Mary the Virgin Church - Baldock

Job Date: June 2016 Project Duration: 3 Weeks Job Value: £33,000 Project Type:
St Mary the Virgin Church - Baldock

More Images

Not sure which lighting system you want?
Request a visit
OR
Call us on 01582 402455

The Church of St Mary the Virgin is a Parish Church of the Church of England in Baldock in Hertfordshire. Dedicated to the Virgin Mary, the original church on the site dated to about 1150 and was built by the Knights Templar before being largely rebuilt in about 1330 by the Knights Hospitaller. It is a Grade I Listed Building. The church consists of a Chancel, North and South Chapels, Nave, North and South Aisles, West Tower, and North and South Porches. The whole of the church and the tower have embattled parapets, and the tower is surmounted by a leaden spire on an octagonal drum on top of which is a gold weathervane in the shape of a cockerel. The dark interior was originally illuminated with tungsten reflector lamps and small linear tungsten halogen floodlights and was very difficult for the most ably sighted to see adequately due to the lack of natural or artificial lighting. This has now been addressed with the installation of new DALI controlled lighting system throughout the interior highlighting within the area to the east of the Nave, where sermons, concerts, readings are conducted and the pulpit and lectern are positioned. This has dramatically improved the church for all of their services, concerts and general activities. The system can be operated from four switches at separate entrance doorways as well as a 10 button scene control switch with a facility to operate the lighting via any smart device such as a phone or tablet. Emergency lighting has also been installed discreetly to allow safe egress in the event of power failure or an emergency situation.

We use cookies, just to track visits to our website, we store no personal details. Close