Not sure which lighting system you want?
Request a visit
Call us on 01582 755285
St. John’s in Markyate is a Grade II* listed church built by John Choppin, who lived in the well known Markyate Cell. It was built as a Chapel of Ease in 1734 for the people of Markyate who previously had to travel to one of the three parishes of Caddington, Flamstead and Studham.
We were tasked to design and install a new lighting system, replacing light fittings and wiring that were in poor condition and no longer fit for purpose. We installed LED projector luminaires throughout which are DALI controlled, giving an infinite number of adjustments available for any service or event. The reduced power consumption and 50,000 hour lifespan of the new light fittings mean that the lighting no longer requires continued maintenance. The existing chandelier in the centre of the Nave was retained and is now controlled by the new lighting system, fitting it with dimmable LED lamps means it can be used as a feature to enhance the new lighting as well as providing some functional light if desired.