Not sure which lighting system you want?
Request a visit
Call us on 01582 402455
St John the Evangelist has been a parish church of the southern part of Kenilworth for 150 years. The foundation stone was laid in August of 1851 and the church was consecrated in 1854. It was built for the princely sum of £5,000 to cater for a growing class of artisans, who may not have been overly welcome elsewhere!
The first vicar of St.John’s was Rev. Robert Kite, who was originally Curate at St Nicholas, Kenilworth. Pictures of all previous thirteen vicars are on display in the church.
The reordering of the church began at the start of 2016 with the removal of pews and new flooring to include underfloor heating and new lighting has been installed to encompass all of the changes and reposition of worship areas. A new Dias is to be installed onto the North Wall and illumination has been provided and programmed to allow focus onto this area as well as onto the Chancel for certain services, concerts and events throughout the church calendar.